Five Places to Visit on Mother’s Day in Northern ItalyPosted: 05/08/2011
Happy Mother’s Day! How fast time flies! It is May already. Here in Northern Italy, spring is well under way. Why not take mom for a nice drive to see some of the beautiful Italian scenery? Within an hours drive of Vicenza, there are many beautiful places to visit. Looking somewhere to spend a day? Try these towns!
- Venice. Take mom for a ride on the Vaporetto (water taxi), a gondola or just stroll through St. Mark’s Square. A stroll in Venice is a guaranteed adventure and includes a good possibility of getting lost on the winding sidewalks and canals!
- Verona. See a Roman Colliseum. Visit Juliette’s House and see the famous balcony! What mom wouldn’t enjoy that?
- Marostica. Park near the downtown where the human chess game takes place every other fall, then hike up the hill. Then take in a late lunch at Il Castello di Superiore Marostica.
- Padova. See the oldest university in Europe and the first medical school. If that is not enough, stop to do some shopping at the Ikea!
- Camisano Vincentino. Spend the morning shopping for some great bargains at the weekly market. Then grab a bite to eat at Ada Ristorante!