Vocabulary for Shopping in Italy – 10 Phrases to KnowPosted: 05/05/2011
For me, it
was is a bit imposing to walk into retail stores and shop. I had no idea of what the sales people were saying to me or how to respond to him or her. Before you find yourself in one of those situations, memorize these ten basic Italian phrases to use while shopping!
- Non parlo bene l’italiano. (I don’t speak much Italian.)
- Guardo solo. (Just looking.)
- Quanto costa? (What does that cost?)
- Saldi (Sale)
- Accettate carte di credito? (Do you accept credit cards?)
- Ha una taglia piu piccolo? (Do you have a smaller size?)
- Ha una taglia piu grande? (Do you have a larger size?)
- Basta cosi. (That is all)
- Aperto. (Open)
- Chiuso (Closed)
What are the most helpful phrases you use while you are out shopping in Italy?