Italy Celebrates 150 Years!Posted: 03/17/2011
One hundred-fifty years ago after a variety of uprisings and battles, Italy became one country. In my neighborhood; the red, white and green of the Italian flag is everywhere. Italian pride in the country is clear.
Vicenza offers many events to celebrate this anniversary. Head downtown to experience them!
- Free admissions today (3/17) to the museums downtown, including Villa Guiccioli
- Join free tour groups starting in Piazza San Lorenzo at 3:30 PM, 4:30 PM, 5:30 and 6:30 for walking tours of downtown Vicenza
- Students will form an Italian flag using strips of cloth in Piazza dei Signori at 10:30 AM on Friday. Concerts from students will follow
- Free Concerts in several of the piazzas at 8 PM on Friday
- If you can read Italian or if you use Google Translate, look up more information here.
Buon Compleanno Italia!